This image and recipe are courtesy of Tesco.com
If you’re in need of a warm me up then get cosy with this wonderfully spiced pumpkin latte. This spicy and frothy hot drink is so simple to make at home, it’s the perfect drink to snuggle up to and works wonderfully with both espresso coffee and instant coffee.
- 2 heaped tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 250ml (8fl oz) whole or semi-skimmed milk
- 2 shots espresso coffee (see tip)
- whipped cream and cocoa, to serve
- Put the pumpkin purée, sugar, spices and milk in a microwave-proof jug. Mix the contents to combine. Cover with clingfilm, then carefully pierce the surface two or three times, to allow steam to escape. Microwave on full power for 1 1/2-2 mins, until the milk is hot.
- Using an electric milk frother or whisk, whisk for 30-45 seconds or until milk is really frothy. Pour the hot coffee into a latte glass or mug, then add the spiced pumpkin milk. Top with cream, if using, then dust with a little more mixed spice and some cocoa.