This image and recipe are courtesy of Tesco.com.
Surprise Santa with a truly festive pie with a difference! These mincemeat and marzipan slices are topped with rich mincemeat, tart cranberries and sweet marzipan stars. You could also serve these slices warm with brandy butter or cream for a delicious dessert on Boxing Day.
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 300g (10oz) self-raising flour
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-3tbsp cold water
- 1 x 411g jar mincemeat
- 1 cooking apple, chopped
- 100g (3½oz) cranberries
- 150g (5oz) marzipan
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C, fan160°C. Rub the butter into the self-raising flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and then add the egg yolks and water and mix to a soft dough.#
- Pat the dough into a 25cm (10in) square baking tin.
- Spread the mincemeat over the dough and sprinkle with the chopped apple and the cranberries.
- Roll out the marzipan thinly and then cut out lots of 5cm (2in) star shapes.
- Place the star shapes across the top of the fruit mixture, and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the marzipan stars are golden.
- Cut into slices to serve.