This recipe is taken from James Martin’s Kitchen, ‘James Martin’s instant homemade chutney’, courtesy of Asdagoodliving.co.uk
Bold, fruity chutneys make the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas party food.
- 100g Demerara sugar
- 4 conference pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 cox apples peeled cored and diced
- 300g Fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick whole
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 3x Star Anise
- Add the sugar to the pan to caramelise
- Add the chopped fruit to the pan with the cinnamon stick, coriander seeds and cranberries
- Season with pepper and simmer for 10 mins
- Add to a sterilised kilner jar and keep for one month.