This month we talked to Ashford Mumpreneur, Isabella Cecil, owner of Zagara Fine Cakes which provides celebration cakes for all your memorable occasions, from simply decorated to exquisitely designed ones, and supply cake decorations and sugar flowers made to order for your DIY decorating.
My name is Isabella Cecil and I run Zagara Fine Cakes, a celebration cakes company established in 2016. I am a qualified Master Cake Decorator and love to create bespoke celebration cakes for any occasions, although my favourite are wedding cakes. I specialise in sugarpaste flowers.
1. What made you start up as a Mumpreneur?
I needed to get back to work after a long planned career break to bring up our three children, who are now all in Secondary schools.
2. What have you most enjoyed about being a Mumpreneur so far?
The challenge of training and setting up a new business, finding potential customers and making them happy.
3. What is the main challenge you’ve faced as a Mumpreneur?
Getting started as a new business, there is a lot of competition and advertising is expensive!
4. What, if anything, would you have done differently?
Spending more time to develop awareness of my services.
5. What key piece of advice would you give to anyone thinking of taking the plunge?
Just do it, don’t think too much!
6. Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Just believe in yourself, if your mind is set on something you will be able to achieve it. You are your own worst enemy 🙂